What is Weak Legs?
Weak legs (also called Leg weakness) refers to a decline in leg muscle strength. Leg weakness is a very common complaint which is generally ignored by a lot of people all over the world.
Common causes of Weak Legs
Many factors can contribute to loss of strength in leg muscles, including:
- Lack of exercise
- Side effects of medicines
- Poor blood circulation
- Damaged nerves
- Post-surgical recovery
- Back pain
- Nutrient-related diseases (especially nutritional deficiencies)
Symptoms of Weak Legs
The weakness often occurs only on one or both legs. Severity may vary greatly from mild to severe. General symptoms and signs associated with leg weakness include:
- Lower leg pain
- Sudden spasms of muscles
- Stress and tingling sensations
- Body and muscle aches.
- Failure of muscular coordination
You can strengthen leg weakness by a well-balanced diet, proper recovery and workout routine. You can also apply some effective home remedies to strengthen weak legs naturally and avoid loss of muscle mass and strength (or muscle atrophy).
How To Strengthen Weak Legs Naturally?
There is more than one way to strengthen weak legs naturally that can help ensure you get a healthier and happier life. Here are top 8 treatments for weak legs.
Milk is a brilliant source of high-quality protein, vitamins and minerals which is very useful for fighting fatigue. In addition, carbohydrates present in milk is also necessary for feeling well-rested and energized in the morning. It keeps keep your bones and muscles strong and healthy.
To strengthen weak legs naturally, drink two or three glasses of low-fat milk daily.
Alternatively, you can combine a glass of low-fat milk and almonds in a high-speed blender. Boil this solution and consume it very single day.
Banana contains natural source of sugars like glucose and fructose which is very good for boosting the energy and treating muscle weakness, including weak legs. Calcium present in banana is also helpful to maintain muscle tone and make your bones stronger. Consume one or two bananas every single day to get rid of any problems.
By massaging your legs regularly, you can not only help to enable more nutrients reach the weak muscles, but make them healthier. Moreover, it help relieve the discomfort, reduce swelling and numb the pain of muscles. If you feel nervous or stressed, massage also will help you.
- Apply some warm olive or mustard oil over your legs
- Massage your weak legs for 10 – 15 minutes with gentle strokes
- Repeat this process twice daily to strengthen weak legs naturally
- Regular Walking
Walking is a moderate exercise that helps develop your leg power and improve circulation in the extremities. The minimum daily obligation of exercise to strengthen weak legs naturally is half an hour a day of walking or running. If you have any difficulties walking, talk to your healthcare provider.
Besides walking, you can try other sports like swimming, jogging, biking to help strengthen weak legs naturally.
Almonds, especially the oil, greatly benefit women’s beauty, such as thickening their eyebrows. Almonds are high in vitamin E and magnesium that keep you powered up every day. The dried almonds can turn protein and carbohydrate into energy.
- Soak a handful of almonds in water for 4 – 6 hours
- Remove the skin of almonds
- Consume them every morning
To strengthen your weak legs, apply tris treatment for at least 2 months.
For many reasons, some herbalists recommend horsetail as a treatment for leg weakness. Horsetail that have a high silica content will therefore help propagate the muscle contraction, increase bone density and improve muscle strength as well.
You can drink two or three cups of horsetail tea every single day for 2 weeks to strengthen your weak legs naturally.
Mangoes are rich in potassium and anti-oxidants which can help improve and strengthen every nerve tissue, soft and delicate organs like heart, lungs, eyes… Mango is also the perfect snack that provides instantaneous energy along with a range of minerals and vitamins. Thus eating mangoes can help overcome the problems of leg weakness.
- Healthy Diet
Poor diet is one of the most common reasons of leg weakness. A deficiency in nutrition can not only cause impeding circulation, fatigue, but also directly or indirectly lead to muscle weakness.
- To strengthen weak legs naturally, add more healthy protein in your daily diet. High protein foods found in yogurt, eggs, lentils, nuts, soy, fish and cheese.
- Abnormal potassium levels may also lead to leg weakness. As a result, to boost your potassium consumption, eat foods like bananas, beans, dark leafy greens, potatoes, squash…
- Including magnesium rich foods can also help to strengthen your weak legs naturally. These foods including dark chocolate, sunflower seeds, avocados, pumpkin seeds, nuts, legumes, almonds…
- Regularly consume foods high in Vitamin B can help make leg muscles strong and reduce leg numbness. Such foods contains shellfish, eggs, fortified cereals, liver, fish, wheat germs and oatmeal.